CPS, Ltd. is a Grand Forks, ND Civil Engineering and Land Surveying firm with a 4-decade history of providing professional services for land development and municipal, transportation, traffic, and environmental engineering and land surveying. We have forged long-lasting relationships and have an excellent reputation for proficiency, integrity, and high-quality project performance.
We are seeking a Senior Municipal Engineer. The Senior Municipal Engineer position is a high-level position. The successful candidate must have experience serving the engineering needs of municipalities, and private clients, including planning and developing plans for street and utility rehabilitation, new developments, and transportation-related projects. The position requires an understanding of applicable agency funding policies and regulations. This position also requires the individual to be proactive in presenting and communicating all aspects of projects to clients, agencies, and the general public. The Senior Municipal Engineer will directly interact with the public.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide engineering services to our clients on sanitary sewer collection and treatment, water distribution, stormwater, and street projects.
- Deliver technical direction to engineers and engineering technicians.
- Functions as a technical specialist, formulating and developing advanced civil and municipal engineering concepts and reports.
- Provide and receive peer reviews to ensure the projects’ technical appropriateness and accuracy.
- Consistently meet and exceed client expectations by ensuring accurate, complete, and timely communication to and from clients and co-workers.
- Ability to lead project team consisting of CPS staff and sub-consultants.
- Display a high level of initiative to prioritize and multitask.
- Capable of managing multiple projects at once.
- Complete projects, promptly, establishing internal deadlines while meeting project deadlines.
- Responsible for applying intensive and diversified knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas.
- Market engineering and land surveying capabilities to establish new clients and maintain current clientele.
- Coordination of technical and administrative activities with others when necessary.
- Assists in preparing proposals for projects with potential project management responsibilities.
- Fieldwork, as necessary, as a project engineer overseeing construction observation activities and compliance with construction documents.
- Ability to prepare and manage project scopes and budgets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET Accredited School.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of North Dakota or the ability to obtain registration within one (1) year after employment.
- 8+ years of proven engineering experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Prolonged sitting with walking, standing, bending, stooping, and stretching, periodically.
Fill out an application today with our online application process.